Welcome to the Museum of the Plains


James & Lora Norwood moved to Ochiltree County in 1904 from Arkansas.  They homesteaded on a farm 15 miles from the town of Ochiltree.  In 1906, James and the older boys built the new house so Lora could stay with the younger children while they attended school.  In the mid thirties the house was moved to 5th and Birch.  It was then that many of the improvements were done.  In 1985, the home was donated to the Museum of the Plains.  The Norwood house was donated by Bozeman Trust.