This depot was built in 1899. It was built to a standard of 1893 with a 10 ft. extension on the freight room. The Santa Fe colors from 1825 to 1886 were mineral brown with bronze trim and white window sashes. In August of 1979 the depot was moved to the Museum of The Plains making it the first building moved onto the museum grounds donated by the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad.
A cart building was added in 1992 as a companion building to the original depot.
In 2011 a caboose was purchased and restored and relocated to the museum grounds.